Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gardening Pleasures

The last two weeks have found us doing some serious weeding in the garden. The result is that the garden is looking great! I'll have to post some pictures of it soon as it is really pretty! These are the salads we ate a couple of nights ago. The is butter lettuce, spinach, red and green leaf lettuce, fresh dill and a little scallion. We topped this with calamata olives, feta, and a yummy tahini dressing.
I've also been drying some of my pineapple mint for winter tea. It sure makes the house smell nice! I have a large batch of dill weed sitting in the oven. It has dried with just the pilot light. Now I need to crush it and get it into jars.

Here's a little shot of the butter lettuce patch.


And....my favorite! Mr. Blueberry Eyes found this toad and had a boatload of fun with it!
Happy Gardening! - Nanette



1 comment:

nani said...

The salad and garden are beautiful but the boy and the toad are the best!!! So special.

Followers