Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A happy Mother's Day to one and all. I am so blessed to have my own mother. There are many days when her faith carries me. I am blessed to have my mother-in-law. She has encouraged me countless ways and more times than I could count. I am blessed to be surrounded by incredible mothers who share their wisdom and joy with me. I send my thoughts to all the mothers and those who ache to be mothers. Blessings!
My day started with whispers and hushed sounds going on in the house. When I tried to go into the kitchen, I was told I could not enter and got the distinct feeling that I was supposed to be in bed. So, back to bed I went. After some time, candles were brought into my room and lit, which set off the fire alarm! It was soon hushed. Then came a delightful breakfast! Great care had been taken to make tiny sandwiches in the shape of butterflies.

A fruit plate was decorated with freshly gathered wildflowers. (Who knew! I thought it was still too cold and blustery for flowers to be out!) The meal was rounded off with vegetarian sausages, an egg, and a glass of cherry sparkling cider. Dessert was a berry smoothie. This was followed by cards and treasure hunts and a great many wishes for a wonderful day! Such great people I have!


In the afternoon, The Wood Artist and Mr. Blueberry Eyes went for an explore with Buddy (our canoe). Meanwhile, Laughing Water and I tried something we've talked about for 2 or 3 years - making clay buttons. We kind of went wild. Laughing water was inspired to start making all different shapes of beads. Then we baked them. I'm very pleased with the outcome.



I was in a yarn shop the other day and saw hand made, clay buttons selling for a pretty penny. I'm thinking this would be a great thing for the kids to make some $ on!




I love Laughing Water's round bead here. We have all kinds of ideas floating around in our heads right now! - TTFN - Nanette






1 comment:

Nani said...

Thank you for your thoughts of love and care. You are so special. Your pictures are delightful. It is fun to see the food that Jalen described when I talked to him. The meal was beautiful and looked so yummy. The buttons - how special and fun. You girls did well with your artistic ability. They would be beautiful on a homemade sweater or quilted jacket or quilted purse or lots of things. Hope the boys canoe trip went well. Love you all.

Followers