Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Meditations

Laughing Water has been back for two weeks now. She went on her first big adventure without Mom and Dad. She did have Grandpa and Grandma on the trip. Her scout club went to a camporee for two weeks. There were 36,000 other kids there and she rode on a big bus with two other clubs. We stayed busy, but we missed her very much. When she got home, it was hard to get enough of huggin' on her!

These are pictures of her in her little garden. She has a little shelter and has morning glories climbing all over it. The Wood Artist made her a little bench with her name on it and she likes to sit in there and for her devotions.

Our days have been very busy with harvesting and canning. My mom came over the other night and helped me can 11 quarts of pickles, 7 quarts of green beans and prepare beets for 10 quarts. It was a real treat to have her come over since she doesn't get to do that often.


We are on a countdown to school. We are starting a week from today. There is a lot to do between now and then. I have most of my plans made, but need to finalize some schedules. So, I'm off - TTFN- Nanette

2 comments:

Ann said...

Dear Nanette,
Thanks for including Sala's Gift among your treasured books...makes me very happy! I look forward to sharing this with my mother.
Best,
Ann Kirschner, author of Sala's Gift

nanettesthoughtfulspot said...

Dear Ann,

I am honored to have you visit my blog. I wish to thank you for telling your mother's story. It is a story, like so many Holocaust stories that must be told.

I was disturbed, even horrified to learn from my young cousin that her teacher here in my valley has told her that the holocaust never happened. It is the stories of eyewitnesses like your mother that will educate our young.

Please greet your mother for me and tell her of my great admiration!

Thank you for telling her story!

Sincerely,
Nanette

Followers