Monday, September 7, 2009

Friday night my family came to our house for dinner and pictures. Our grandmother is having her 80th birthday soon and we needed to get pictures for her. It was fun having everyone together. I have three brothers. Huckleberry Buddy is 7 1/2 years younger than I. Guardsman and Possyman are twins and are 15 1/2 years younger. We had pizza and posed for pictures till we were sick of it. Guardsman commented that he had just noticed that our family doesn't look alike! Ha! We're a chosen family - not a take-what-you-get family!
Sabbath evening I met with Long Lost Girlfriend at the lake. It was fabulous to reconnect and watch the children pick up where they left off more than a year ago. She brought her wonderful baked beans and I brought potato salad. It started raining just as we finished eating and we dashed for our vehicles. Glad you're back, Girlfriend!

A nasty cold caught up with me and I spent Sunday in bed with a fever and aches. Today I'm up, but don't feel like doing much. I'm having printer issues, so I can't finish printing my school schedules. We start our homeschool tomorrow.

On Sabbath, David did a bike trip with a friend. It was about 27 miles of extreme stuff - across a mountain chain. He was pretty tired. But, he did find a mother-lode of huckleberries! We are headed up there soon. It is high. It will take a hike of about 3 1/2 miles. The good thing is that everybody thinks huck season is over, so they won't be looking! (Insert evil laugh.) I feel huck fever coming on again!



Garden produce is still pouring in, but I've written about it so much, I'm tired of it! The Wood Artist brought in two big bowls of cukes yesterday. Mr. Blueberry Eyes tipi yielded one huge bowl of pole beans all by itself! - Nanette

2 comments:

momof4boys said...

Love the family pics.
Your brothers are all so handsome!
The twins don't look like twins but they are both so clean shaven and military looking. Here's hoping that Daniel smiles more often when the camera is not present. It looks like life has taken on an adventursome bush man kind of look for Shaggy brother, Ziggy! He looks like the a fun character. Glad you had a chance to get together! I miss my family right now and wish we could do that too.
Julie

Anonymous said...

I love these! Especially the ones with the uniforms! Sharp looking group :)

Brenna

Followers