Sunday, June 29, 2014

A Twilight Walk Through the Garden I

Come walk with me through my garden.  Evening is my favorite time to check the progress in my plot of Earth.  This is a cold, rainy year and some of my crops are doing great and some are not very happy.
I think this is the best year I've had for spinach.
I planted about 4 kinds of kale.  This is "Ragged Jack"
Snow peas in the making...
I'm so excited over the progress of the asparagus patch. 
Blueberry crop in the making....
I had to replant the zucchini, so it is a bit behind.
I'm trying a new potato method.  I laid the seed potato on top of the ground and covered it with straw. As the potatoes grow, I layer compost, leaves, etc. on it.  If huge green plants are an indication, it will be a good harvest.
Good Mother Stollard pole beans will grow on the fence.

No comments:

Followers