Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Catch-up Time

 Its time to catch up.  My camera and computer both need some updating work and that has kept me from paying attention to my blog.  Somehow, pictures tend to inspire posts.  I need to get it all taken care of so I can feel like blogging again.  I'm not doing so well at this single mom bit.  When something needs researched, like my computer issues, I just put it off.  I'm too tired to try to learn all about it and make a decision. 

I feel like so many areas of my life need attention right now!  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do it all.  The Wood Artist is so good at helping me that when he is gone, I feel it keenly.

Anyway, here is a collage of glimpses into my life right now.  I think I mentioned that my grandmother talked us into getting a kitten.  Really now!  This kitten was brought to the barn on her farm and was too small to make it on its own.  The guilt trip was laid.  Mr. Blueberry Eyes used them (his eyes) to plead his case.  The Wood Artist even said he thought the kids needed it (like a hole in the head?!!!!!).  So, enter Fluffy.  We now have 27 animals.  That's what the kids say.  I've been too busy to count them.   (Most of them are chickens) She is very fun, though.  Filled with personality and feistiness. 

The problem has been that she is too small to go through our cat door.  We've always kept the cat box downstairs as I detest a house that smells like animals.  But, for the last month, we've had a cat box by our door.  Yuck, yuck, yuck!  We've tried to teach her to go through the door and have moved the cat box down, but each time have met with messes.  There is nothing worse that cat mess.  Seriously!  Anyway, I finally asked a new friend about it today.  This lady trains animals for the movies.  She said, "Prop the cat door open".  O.k.  That was way too obvious.  I'm embarrassed.  Why couldn't I have thought of that?!  So I used strapping tape to open the door as soon as I got home tonight.  She immediately ran down and used the box.  Score! Hopefully that is all there is to that!
Laughing Water is in drama again this year.  Here she is doing a monolog of  Princess Mia from Princess Diaries.  It is right after Mia tried to run away, but got caught in a rainstorm and then decided to accept the crown after all.  She loves her class.  Right now she is practicing for a dialog from "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

This year I've signed the kids up for some classes in town put on by members of the home school association.  They are both taking anatomy and physiology and art.  Laughing Water is also taking a writing class.  They got to explore sheep hearts today.  It is fun and so very educational, but I sure wish I lived closer to town!  I feel like I'm running Ma's Taxi Service.

There is more to say, but I'm tired, so will leave it for later.  Blessings, Nanette

2 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

You are doing a good job with all of it. Give yourself a pat on the back! It is incredibly difficult being single, it is exhausting. I am sure David is quite lonesome without all of you. Hang in there.

Martha A. said...

I hear you about Ma's Taxi service!!! I think sometimes, I would love to just hole up in a hole for like a season and just quit...but I think the boys would really not do well!

Followers