Thursday, January 5, 2012

Be Still My Soul

 "Be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side...."  I have a lot of thoughts tumbling through my head tonight.  They are hard to sort out.  I guess for starters, I'm troubled about recent decisions in our country's government.  I've chosen not to be political on this blog.  I detest conspiracy theories.  But it is getting pretty hard to ignore the lack of respect for our

 Bill of Rights.  I won't say more because I haven't kept up on it and can't speak intelligently about it, but it is weighing on my mind.  I've always struggled unreasonably with fear of the future.  I spent a long time on the phone talking to The Wood Artist today on the phone.  I was out walking in our unseasonably warm weather and he driving on a run (thank God for blu* t**th!)  He spent a long time reminding me that what is really important is our standing with God.  Troubles will come.  Troubles will go.  But the Saviour is here, right here, with us!

The above picture is a common site in Oilville.  It is an oil derrick that is in the process of drilling an oilwell.  When you drive around the countryside, you see many of these.

Old Faithful got two absessed teeth.  I had a long talk with our vet trying to determine what was best.  He is getting so old that I wasn't sure when to say enough is enough.  In the end, the vet felt that he is in fairly sound health. When I got the bill, I wasn't so sure I'd made the right decision.  Poor boy.  His sweet collie face is all swollen and he resists taking his meds because it hurts to open his mouth.  He has been dripping fluid and blood.  I hope he isn't suffering too much.  He did finally eat this morning.
Of course, there is no place like the prairies for sunrises and sunsets.  They are truly beautiful!  - Nanette

1 comment:

momof4boys said...

Dear Nan, Yes your rights in the USA have been taken from you and we, in Canada will soon follow, to be sure. And the rest of the world will follow after. When the big dog barks, all the little dogs set to yapping! However, do not be afraid. God isn't any smaller. We knew this would come. Trust him to take care of you and your family. We live in a time when people's fear is going to either drive them mad or drive them into searching for God. Be prepared to become a minister of the Gospel. Take your eyes off the things of this ugly world and firmly fix your eyes on Jesus. Come hell or high water, Heaven will be cheap enough! It won't be long. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

Followers