Monday, May 25, 2009

A Beautiful Hike




We had a lovely hike last Sabbath. I had stayed home from church because I had a wicked headache. (It seems I strained my neck in the garden this week, resulting in neck cramps and headache.) But the day was beautiful and not to be wasted, so when my family returned from church, I took Excedrin and put on my hiking boots. (O.k. this is sounding too much like a commercial for pain relievers!)

Anyway, we headed for one of our favorite places in a preserve here. The weather was perfect and the trail broad and dry and shaded. Since we have a new camera, we had fun along the way.

At the lake, we were sitting, eating our snack of nuts and raisins, when I was startled by something scampering across my lap. I screeched a little just as a chipmunk ran away! He had been attempting a goody-picking session and I'd ruined it for him, as well as for the camera-man! We did get some other cute shots, though.

On the gardening front, I am working hard at planting. I just finished putting in 42 tomato plants yesterday. The potatoes, onions, peas, leeks, greens, corn, parsnips, amaranth and some other flowers are in also. Today, I'm working on dry beans. I'm trying okra and watermelon in the hoophouse this year. We'll see how that goes. I have a lot more planting to do before I can rest. It is nice to have such lovely weather to plant by. I'm definitely getting my summer tan already! - Nanette

1 comment:

nani said...

Fun to see pictures from your hike and some of the beauty of nature as well as your dear faces. Love you all.

Followers