Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Digging In

 I think our life can best be described as "digging in" right now.  We are in limbo.  There is just no other way to describe it.  There's no work here and no housing there.  We're spending a small fortune on train tickets just to keep our family together a little.  Last week, the kids and I went to see The Wood Artist.  He is living with my grandmother, so we at least had a place to stay for the weekend - a true blessing.  (That's where Mr. Blueberry Eyes found this little donkey to play with.)
 Being separated is tough stuff.  How thankful we are for the work, though! 

My social network has really come unravelled the last few months due to numerous circumstances, leaving me feeling shattered and insecure.  I guess its just a time of life to dig in and not think about it.  The only thing that is keeping me from giving up is my husband and kids.  It bothers me because I usually try to be a positive person, but I'm really down right now.  I guess the only reason I even feel like I can write this here is because hardly anyone even reads this anymore.....
 The kids loved seeing The Wood Artist's truck
The day we left, he had a run that took him right by my Grandmother's Farm.I had to park the car way off of the drive because there were so many oilfield truck driving by me on the driveway.  What struck me was that he was just one of so many, many trucks.  Just one.  But so very important to us.  I guess it was the moment my shield got a crack in it.  I got back in the car and just broke.  I cried so hard I embarrassed Laughing Water.  She asked me to please stop because the truckers on the drive were going to think something was terrible wrong!  I guess I just needed the release.

That load of pipe, by the way, is worth over $100,000!  All in a days work. 

Sorry, if anyone is actually reading this.  Its pretty disjointed and emotional.  I'm done now! - Nanette

5 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

Hi Nanette,

Transitions are hard and emotional. It is hard to be alone (even with your kids there) when you are used to having someone else around. It gets lonesome. It is hard to be the one to make all the daily decisions, even as simple as what to have for dinner. I know David must be lonely without all of you.

Hang in there, call or email anytime.

Tanya Framness said...

Hi sweetie...
Your post makes me so sad with you, I can hear the loneliness and the unhappiness in your writing. You are very brave - much braver than I could be under the same circumstances. Keep your chin up, and if you need to talk, you can always call me. <> to you and your sweet kids.

Tanya Framness said...

Ok, there was supposed to be a HUG inside those < > marks... silly program edited it out.

HUGS all the same!

nani said...

Just read you post. Made me want to cry too. As I scrolled down quickly I saw the picture of The Wood Artist and thought, "Who is that Man". Oh my, how could I not recognize him. Not used to seeing him with a cap. Many days have looked at the chocolate pancakes but for sure had not checked the last two day. Much, much love to you all.

Martha A. said...

Being alone is tough....plain and simple. It is hard to keep going and push through!
((hugs))

Followers